Monday, January 12, 2015

More Creations Inbound!

I've been working on a whole bunch of different things. Lately, my creative urges have been all over the place and I want to try ALL THE THINGS before my interest wanes. 

So as a weird cross between a joke and a challenge, I decided to learn to knit. Despite all the teasing about being a little old lady, I really wanted to get the art of yarn in hand so I could say that I can do SOME kind of fabric work. 

My initial attempts were pretty horrible, and I got very frustrated. There was even some crying- and I don't cry over much. I decided to try one last time, but I bought larger needles and bigger yarn. It WORKED! 

This is the beginning of success. 


I love this color and the pattern that is developing. 

I'm thrilled with the results!  I feel like I've finally "gotten it" and am moving on to pearling, which is SUPER easy to me. 

I've struggled with fabric my whole life, so I was really happy to learn something that involves cloth and makes me feel great. Someday. this will be a scarf. 


Back on the papercrafting front, I got a tool and a toy today that just make me smile. I promise I'll start USING these things, too. 

This is stampable glue. 

And here's why I need it! 
Yes, I love glitter. And purple.  

4 comments:

  1. I like the beginnings of your Alpha Legion themed scarf :P Knitting is no joke. That stuff is hardcore -_- So sparkles are cool, but sequins are not? But they are both sparkly - how can one be evil and the other be good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sequins are for skanks. Glitter is classy.

      Delete
    2. Oh. My. God. I think I just found my new signature for the CMON forums :D

      Delete
    3. I wish there was a "like" feature here. Because I totally would. That's hilarious.

      Delete