Friday, September 24, 2010

[WOD] Generating Heat [M for Mature]

There's a song for every occasion. I often have music running in my head, making commentary on the aspects, mood and actions of the game I'm playing at the moment.

Eile's soundtrack has been pretty easy so far. Temptation Waits by Garbage, Don't You Want Me by Human League, Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood,  Tell Me Lies by Fleetwood Mac, and Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue have all made a momentary appearance on my mental playlist.

It recently occurred to me that much of my "angst" (man I hate that crap, especially for WOD which has a bad rep anyway) was due to thinking about the problem from the wrong perspective.

Instead of trying to get Eile into a position where she can be trusted, why not take advantage of the fact that she isn't, instead?

I'm really looking at creating a 'heat' campaign, like old school wrestlers used to do. I can easily find ways to make Eile appear to be untrustworthy, shifty and otherwise bad news. I can use that appearance and perception in a multitude of ways just as easily as I can use the raw and virulent emotions that come with true distate.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share the song Eile's using for one of her sets at the strip club. It's not traditional in any sense, but it's rythmic, sensual and truly suggestive.


1 comment:

  1. I like it. Play to your strengths even if they are nefarious ones.

    ReplyDelete