Monday, September 20, 2010

[HS6E] A Different Kind of Look Book- Diamond's Backstory in Pictures

I'm having a really hard time coming up with a written backstory for Diamond. In my spare time in my real life, I scrapbook. I thought a "scrapbook" style backstory might be an unusual change of pace. I wrote all the pages and captions from her POV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PG 1- 

Santa Barbara, CA



 
PG 2- Home. Easy, clear, perfect. My parents taught me to surf here as soon as I could walk.



PG 3-

Malibu, CA


PG4- College at Pepperdine- Malibu was bright, fresh, fast, full of promise. Member Malibu Surf Club. I discovered girls (thanks, Migz), tore up the beaches and the babes.


PG5-

Long Beach, CA

PG 6- Long Beach. Long hours, long lines for waves. Mastered the waves, a degree, and a lot of ladies' bedrooms.

PG 7-

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
PG 8- Gold Coast- I found a lot of treasure Down Under, that's for sure. 6 month internship and endless hookups only made the waves that much better.

PG 9-

Chiba, Japan

PG 10-Chiba, Japan. I quit girls for a couple years pursuing my career, got sick and got heavy. The surf, much like Japan,  was brutally bad- Choppy, rocky, rough, shitty, blown out and cold. And worth every minute of torturous hell I had to endure for the best ride I ever had (halfway across the world, to boot)- I met Nani.

PG 11-

Pipeline, Oahu, Hawaii

PG 12- Hawaii. Paradise on earth. Bright, fast, fresh, pumping and minutes from my home. Can't catch a single wave-I'm simply too heavy. My heart is light and my mind is clear, though. Nani's here with me, doing her lawyer thing. I've found something I'm good at, and life is like a glass top before a break.

PG 13-

My birthday gift to Nani
PG 14-

I couldn't find a ring I thought she'd appreciate, so I got her a 2010 Porsche 911 GT3, in grey & black. I hope she likes it.

more pages to come ----

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the bit about Japan. The surf should be good there. It is an island after all, but it's how you described it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really neat way of giving some deep insight in the character's backstory and personality, while still leaving much open for in-game development. Kudos on a well thought out and executed idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. The more I look at this, the more I love it. It's on my top 5 favorite posts so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine too! What an original idea for bringing a character to life. Makes me want to go looking for pictures of things in my characters lives.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete