Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wonder Continues

So it's been a long time, but things on my creative front have changed. I've got some new stuff I am working on, and my direction has shifted entirely.

This is one of the things I got for Christmas, and I am having a ton of fun learning how to use it.


It's a Silhouette Portrait electronic cutting machine. It's a super fun tool that allows me to use "cut files" or fonts, or shapes, or pictures on my computer, and then cut them out.



These are some samples of the kind of thing I can cut out with this machine. It has settings and adapters that will let me cut paper, cardstock, vinyl, acetate, cloth, foil, and even a setting to create etched glass patterns.

My creative corner just underwent a huge remodel, as I got some new storage options and I rethought how I wanted to be able to access my stuff.




I have stencils and masks hanging from thumbtacks on my canvas idea board.

I got this one as a Christmas gift- I've been drooling over it for MONTHS now. I can't wait to paint, stick, glue and glitter away.

From Hazel & Ruby 

I also got about five different stripes and chevron patterns. I have a verifiable problem with circles and stripes. (don't judge!)

Oh yeah. I also got paint and glitter. This can't possibly be anything but messy and fun!


4 comments:

  1. Ooh! What do those cost? My fiance would probably love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cutter shown runs roughly $100-$125, but it's an older model that they aren't producing anymore. The newer, supported machine is called the Silhouette Cameo and runs from $200 for just the machine to roughly $325 for a fully inclusive starter bundle (well worth the dough if you have it to spare!).

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you having fun with the arts again! Hazard stripes? I'm shocked -_-

    ReplyDelete